Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Waiting

Only 6 more days then we are heading off to New Zealand via Singapore.   I'm hoping to keep this blog as a journal.

We will be away for two months - never been away from home this long before.   We are trying to plan and think of all eventualities.   I have heard when going on an overseas journey you should take half the number of clothes you think you are going to need and twice as much money.   I think I have been very consrvative in my clothes packing:  wearing denims and hiking boots and carrying all weather jacket, taking 2 three quarter pants, two pairs of shorts, two dresses, 8 tops including one long sleeved, a light jersey to match the dresses, a pair of slops and smarter sandles and the jacket's inner fleece.   Then, of course, pyjamas, underwear and swimming stuff. I look forward to revisiting this list in two months time and seeing where I was wise and where I was foolish.

We have organised a motorhome swop with a couple who live in the Netherlands but bought a motorhome in New Zealand and keep it stored there so much of our holiday will be like a motorhome holiday.   Of course, the reason we are going so far away from home is that our eldest son, David, his wife, Gayle and new baby Nathan live there.   This might be the only time we can afford to go - we're using money from my husband's pension payout so we are trying to make it worthwhile by spending two months and getting to see what everybody assures me is a a beautiful country.

Two weeks today we will be in Singapore, spending two nights there to try to do the jet lag in two stages.  I am not looking forward to the jet lag.   We leave at 1pm and arrive in Singapore at what our bodies think is midnight, but is actually 7am in the morning.   My plan is to try to sleep as much as possible on the plane but my sleep does not come to order although it is true I can fall asleep more easily in the afternoon than at night.   Here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment