Monday, December 4, 2017

Road Trip Day 4 - Aldam Resort

Last night we had a very late supper even though we started the braai as soon as the gazebo was up. 9.30 we finally ate and we were inundated with insects. flying ants swarmed into our motor-home to die, beetles thudded all over the walls. We did eventually switch all the lights off and take a torch outside to try to empty the van of most of the insects but all through the night I was picking up beetles that had landed on me and flinging them to the floor.

We got up late for a leisurely breakfast and watched the audacity of the sparrows coming right under our awning. I hope they were eating dead flying ant bodies.
We had a number of things to catch up on. We needed to pay at reception and get tokens for the washing machine and tumble dryer. I thought I'd cycle although I didn't see reception on the map they gave us. Everybody I asked said, "Go up" I abandoned my bike on the bottom terrace and climbed stairs and walked and climbed more stairs and walked some more. Finally, seemingly at the other end of the resort, we found it. We were so hot and tired we bought ice creams and sat on the deck overlooking the dam.
While we were there, feeling lazy, we decided we might just as well have lunch. I ordered chicken strips and chips and Mr Panda had Russian and chips.
Needless to say this was too much for me and we asked for a takeaway box. Tonight we had leftover chicken pieces, cut up chips, cubed tomatoes and tinned peas, all mixed together with mayonnaise.
I call it "Motorhomers' Mish Mash"

Just after supper a strong wind came up so we decided to take down the gazebo "just in case."
Of course it's very still now but rain has been predicted for Winburg tomorrow.

Tomorrow we head for Bloemfontein.

No comments:

Post a Comment