Friday, February 9, 2018

Hop on Hop off Part Two

There was only enough time for one more hop-off so we decided to go to the V & A Waterfront. I wanted to see the Two Oceans Aquarium.

On the way there we drove through Camps Bay, Clifton, Bantry Bay and Sea Point. We saw how the richer crust lives.


Parking bay on top of an apartment.

rooftop_thumb[1]Paraglidingparaglider_thumb[2]

The view

view_thumb[3]

When I came to look at one photo I took from the bus as we passed by, I saw a huge heart seemingly suspended in mid air. I have no idea what it is or how I came to capture it.

Heart_thumb[2]

We had about 45 minutes to spend at the Waterfront before we had to start making tracks towards the terminal so we could meet a friend, Stephen Rule, at the Cape Town station by 4pm. I went to the aquarium while Brian wandered around.

I saw a diver feeding the fish while a guide told us more about the various fish species, with the aid of an interactive board along the side of the viewing window.

diver feeding_thumb[1]

I also saw jelly fish, walked through a glass tunnel with fish all around me, observed the penguins being fed and saw many other sea animals.

20180206_141800_thumb[3]jelly fish_thumb[1]


Spider lobsterSpider lobster_thumb[2]

Rock Hopper Penguinsfunny penguin_thumb[2]Cape Penguin_thumb[1]penguin swimming_thumb[1]Cape Penguins (used to be known as Jackass Penguins)

20180206_142346_thumb[3]Mullet


Cape wheel_thumb[1]Cape Wheel reminiscent of the London Eye.

We caught the train to Fish Hoek without incident and then walked with Stephen along the beach to his home where he and his wife, Sue, run a B&B.

  I walked in the sea and accidentally tripped/slipped in and got the lower half of my pants wet as well as my cheap travel bag but fortunately not my camera bag. After a quick drink Stephen took us back to Froggy Pond Resort.

No comments:

Post a Comment